April 21, 2009

Everyone has ESP but me

I hadn't thought of you since you moved. Well, barely. OK, I've thought of you, but I definitely hadn't thought of calling you or talking to you. I simply thought of you fondly as being a part of my past. Finally.

So why do you bring yourself to my present JUST as I've finally accomplished this? You sense this little fact don't you?! You sense and must destroy.

I can't say no so I agree to get together to catch up. I let you come over after you get off work. You still work down the street even though you live much further away. I'm on your way home. All we do is talk and catch up. I thought for sure you'd mention how I hadn't attempted to keep in touch since you moved. I thought for sure you'd ask me about other guys like you always do. But you didn't. You just wanted to talk about what's been going on in each of our lives since you left. You were genuine. You've missed doing this with me, I can tell. We had one of those talks where it felt like so much time had gone by and so much had happened.

Then you stretch it into the next day...always trying to linger. You ask if you can stop by to take a shower after work before heading to the gym...it's on the way. Is that necessary? A shower before the gym? Probably not.

Lingering.

And I always allow you to.

No comments: