November 22, 2008

Brrrr


It's Saturday night and positively freezing outside. Good luck getting me outta my warm and cozy apartment. Just try to tear me away from ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas on my new 37" plasma TV (awesome birthday gift from a not-so-awesome person. The Ex. No longer speaking to him, not discussing now).

Okay, it's probably not that cold out for the end of November, but when that first cold weekend hits it takes a girl a bit to adjust. And by adjust, I mean some time curling up inside in her sweats watching corny movies with fluffy blankets. Oh, the holiday spirit.

I'm one of those people who starts listening to Christmas music at an ungodly annoying early date. I started last week. As soon as the weather changes to the coldness that smells of snow, the Christmas play list begins to experience heavy rotation on the iPod. In the car, in the house, at the gym. The holiday spirit surrounds me. Envelopes me. And I've even started my holiday shopping. Okay, I cheated. Thanks to Oprah, I got a free 20-page 8x11 custom photo book from Snapfish. Now let me add that I could've made my own book chock-full of summer fun photos of me and the girlies. But no, I made a family album for my Ma. My Mom who takes digital photos but never, and I mean never, orders them. The woman rarely uploads them to the web. This is a gift that is sure to jerk some tears. Ah.

So I spent today indoors hanging miscellaneous things around my apartment AND selling my old furniture! I've officially taken advantage of craigslist. I'm a fan. A nice fam came and picked up my old armoire today. Now just need to get my sofa and chair out the door to make room for my new living room furniture arriving Tuesday. Yup, this girl is moving up in the world. My little abode is really coming along. And good thing, because I'm going to need a warm oasis to keep me indoors while I attempt to save money to hopefully buy a house next year. Today I hung some shelves, a curtain rod, and my diploma. Finally. I only graduated from college 5 years ago and this is the first time that diploma has touched dry wall. It looks fab hanging by the little desk nook I created in my bedroom. I must say.

That's it. I'm officially old. And you know what? I'm liking it. Now please excuse me while I go make some vanilla chai tea.

No comments: